Thursday, May 28, 2015

Seventhwave: Did You Know? 1. Limestone neoprene vs Oil-based Neoprene

Did you know that limestone-based neoprene is much warmer than oil based neoprene?
In this blog we'll run through the major difference.

Yamamoto limestone-based neoprene has a higher closed air cell content (approx 94%), this means there are more individual air bubbles inside the neoprene, each air cell/bubble is waterproof. This makes it nearly impossible for any water to soak in.

In oil-based neoprene, the closed cell content is only approximately 60%, the remaining 40% of cells absorb water.

A detailed view of Limestone and Oil-Based neoprene [click to enlarge]

Advantages of Yamamoto limestone neoprene:

-Less absorbtion making it warmer to wear and faster to dry.
-More air content making it lighter and more comfortable.
-Uniformed cell structure, for a stronger bond.


Seventhwave Wetsuits are made in New Zealand from Yamamoto Limestone neoprene. Seventhwave Wetsuits are different because we make each wetsuit Custom-Fit, to the customers measurements. We like to get your measurements and details and then custom make your preferred wetsuit model and thickness to your exact size and shape. We think that's why we get such good feedback from our customers, many of whom come back again and again. To own a Seventhwave wetsuit is to support New Zealand made, to stand up for quality and to experience water sports in a warmer way.

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
And best of all - check out our website!

How did you find this article? Want to hear more from Seventhwave?
Subscribe to receive our newsletter in your inbox.

No comments: